We thank you for your interest in a career at Starmark, if you think that you would be a good fit in our company please take a moment to look through our job listings and fill out an application.
Production Team Member
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of tasks to build caskets.
- Perform basic tasks following written instructions and demonstrated directions.
- Perform assembly processes following written instructions and demonstrated directions.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to follow demonstrated and written instructions.
- Good communication of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to read written instructions, use simple math and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- New hire orientation
- Design information as well as manufacturing systems.
- Monitor the general flow of operations.
- Establish programs of work measurement in order to guarantee fulfillment of targets and deadlines.
- Determine how best to use the work force to achieve maximum productivity & efficiency.
- Give recommendations on how to improve productivity; continuous improvement.
- Communicate with the staff and management on ways of implementing the plans and the recommendations that they come up with.
- Time studies for work force production to establish standards and measure for performance. Hold team accountable to standard operating procedures.
- Solve production problems that arise.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Good problem solver.
- Be able to sense needs when they arise.
- Be organized.
- Good eye for detail.
- Able to work with minimum or no supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Solid Works or CAD preferred but not necessary
- Great communication skills
- Woodworking experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
- Richmond, IN 47374
- High school or equivalent
- Time Studies: 1 year
- Industrial Engineer: 1 year
- Woodworking: 1 year